The Programme thrust is on giving the students a thorough and sound background in theoretical and application-oriented courses relevant to the latest computer software development. The programme emphasizes the application of software technology to solve mathematical, computing, communications/networking and commercial problems. The first year courses are aimed at skills development in computers using various technologies, the second year is more focused on core courses providing conceptual frame work and the third year provides the specialization and the project work.
The broad objective of the MCA programme is to prepare graduate students for productive careers in software industry and academia by providing an outstanding environment for teaching and research in the core and emerging areas of the discipline.
For Admission into First Year of Master of Computer Application Programme (3 Years):
All those candidates who have passed any recognized Bachelor degree of minimum three years duration with Mathematics/ Statistics /Business Mathematics / Business Statistics / Quantitative Techniques as Compulsory/ Optional/ Additional Paper as one of the subjects either at 10+2 or at graduation level.
Have passed BCA course of minimum three years duration from any recognized University.
For Admission into Second Year of Master of Computer Application Programme (Lateral Entry) :
Recognized Bachelor Degree of minimum 3 years duration in BCA, B.Sc. (IT/ Computer Science) with Mathematics as a course at 10+2 level or at Graduate Level and have obtained at least 50% (45% in case of candidate belonging to reserved category) at the qualifying Examination.
MCA (3 Years Course)
MCA (Lateral Entry)
|Rs.40, 275/- & Rs.4, 000/- refundable security.(For remaining semesters the fee is Rs.38,775/- per SEM)|
Hostel Facilities: Separate boys and girls hostel facility is available at campus on chargeable basis.
7837336436 (Mr. Manish kumar –Admission coordinator)
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs):
The Programme Educational Objectives of MCA programmes are:
- To prepare graduates who will be successful professionals in industry, government, academia, research, entrepreneurial pursuit and consulting firms
- To prepare graduates who will contribute to society as broadly educated, expressive, ethical and responsible citizens with proven expertise
- To prepare graduates who will achieve peer-recognition; as an individual or in a team; through demonstration of good analytical, design and implementation skills
- To prepare graduates who will thrive to pursue life-long learning to fulfill their goals
PROGRAMME OUTCOMES (POs):
MCA programme has been designed to prepare graduates for attaining the following program outcomes:
- an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, computer science and management in practice
- an ability to identify, critically analyze, formulate and develop computer applications
- an ability to select modern computing tools and techniques and use them with dexterity
- an ability to design a computing system to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as safety, security and applicability
- an ability to devise and conduct experiments, interpret data and provide well informed conclusions
- an ability to understand the impact of system solutions in a contemporary, global, economical, environmental, and societal context for sustainable development
- an ability to function professionally with ethical responsibility as an individual as well as in multidisciplinary teams with positive attitude
- an ability to communicate effectively
- an ability to appreciate the importance of goal setting and to recognize the need for life-long learning
Society of Computer Applications (SOCA)
SOCA regularly organizes workshops, seminars conventions, and technical talks for the benefit of students like Technical event Conducted on Blind coding, Workshop Conducted (Social Media Marketing), Workshop Conducted (Embedded Product Design Using Micro-controller (PIC-16F877A), Expert Lecture on Data Mining & Business Intelligence, Expert Talk on ‘DATA MINING’ etc.
|S. No.||Name of Student||Semester||%age||Position in
|1.||Ms. Priya Gajender||5th||91.14 %||2nd|
|2.||Ms. Samneet Kaur||5th||90%||4th|
|3.||Ms. Navdeep Kumari||5th||89.05%||7th|
|4.||Ms. Sugandha Kalia||5th||88.86%||8th|
|5.||Ms. Tajinder Kaur||5th||88.67%||10th|
|6.||Ms. Samneet kaur||4th||89.24%||3rd|
|7.||Ms. Priya Gajender||4th||88.85%||5th|
|8.||Ms. Priya Gajender||3rd||86.29%||3rd|