𝐄𝐥𝐨𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞: Effective Communication Skills Seminar
IET BHADDAL TECHNICAL CAMPUS, ROPAR conducted a seminar on "Effective Communication Skills for Successful Career" on 4th Nov, 2022 at GD Hall, F-Block, College Campus.
The speaker of the day was Ms. Bhanu Sharma , Expert Trainer ETS INDIA , She enlightened the students on the topic of "Effective Soft Skills for Successful Career".
She led the session with a variety of examples to imbibe the importance of communication among students. They were taught the effects of one-way communication and the importance of effective communication so that they could gain confidence to attend interviews in the future.
Key objectives of the seminar is :
1. Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of communication skills.
2. Learn how to listen most effectively.
3. Find out when silence can be your most effective communication tool.
4. Talk yourself.
5. Define the communication style that will maximize your success.
6. Interpret and optimize non-verbal communications.
7. Body Language & non-verbal gestures.
8. Respect using the correct medium.
On the occasion of seminar , Director Campus S.S.Bindra said, "Good communication skills are key to success in life, work, and relationships with others. If message is inappropriate, it can cause misunderstanding and confusion or even disaster by being misinterpreted or poorly delivered." He further added , "Such seminar help students to build self-esteem through effective communication skills for personal growth and to help build better relationships and connections in future career placements".
More than 40 management students attended the seminar. Seminar was assisted by faculty members of Management Studies Department. Here are some glimpses of the event.👇